Kearney, NE 68847 www.linkedin.com/in/dougweber2010/
email@example.com • 317.513.4632 (C)
Strategic Market Planning / Market Research / Business Development
ROI Management / Product Introduction / KPI Tracking / Lean Thinking-PDCA / Data-Driven Decision Making / Accountable Sales Management
Areas of Expertise:
· Brand Building/Sales Support
· Strategic Vision and Leadership
· Google Analytics
· Website Development - Wordpress
· CRM systems
· Contract Negotiations
· Marketing/Advertising Campaigns
· SEO driven content based on Keyword research
09-2010 to 02-2019 VP Marketing and Sales
Building Material Solutions Inc. (BMS)
I took this on because I’m an entrepreneur at heart and believed in the product and opportunity.
· Startup manufacturing company introducing a new, innovative building material product into a highly competitive market with industry titans.
· Need for brand awareness
· Need for funding for marketing
· Need for website or collateral materials
· Need for distribution
· Need for immediate sales revenue and cash flow
o providing a feedback form for quotes and questions
o collecting KPI data for future marketing
· Increased website page views by 2259% organically within 60 days
o Created a video for installation and demonstration of KPI and solutions to common problems
o averaging 40% margins
o established new distributors in key markets
o serviced online quotes and orders from quote to delivery retaining over 100% margins for the DYI customers for direct delivery
o tracked KPI’s and followed up appropriately with individual team members
o Using CRM system (self-developed) in Microsoft Office/Access
o Collected categorized data from Constant Contact newsletters sent
o Collected data from inquiries, orders, etc. From WordPress data forms
o Categorized to develop follow up marketing email campaigns
08-1993 to 09-2010 President / Owner
Axiom Marketing & Communications Inc.
Specializing in project management including marketing, PR, sales management, training, and event production.
o Scottsdale Convention & Visitors Bureau visitors publication. Negotiated contract to publish and print annual magazine. Managed marketing, sales, and production.
o Arizona Bridal Affair bi-annual event for brides, wedding event planners, and vendors. Negotiated contract for event space and exhibitor services. Managed sales for vendor booth space. Created and managed PR, advertising, and sales collateral to promote the event.
o Sports Arizona bi-monthly magazine. Launched with over 30% ad pages all paid and on contract for the year.
o Golf Tournament Association of America
07-2005 to 09-2010 Golf Tournament Association of America (serving Charity Golf Tournaments)
Executive Director/Co-Founder and Partner
· Increased revenue by 200% by developing a new website to sign up members, sell merchandise, sponsorships, and launched a bi-annual publication.
· Created and developed a membership database of over 25,000 members.
· Developed supplier relationships of over 50 golf tournament suppliers for logoed merchandise.
· Created and developed an online store for golf tournament suppliers serving charity golf tournaments.
Bachelor of Arts and Science, Major: Journalism/Advertising; Minors: Marketing, Psychology and English University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Nebraska